ACM SIGSIM Distinguished Contributions Award
Call for Nominations
ACM SIGSIM is soliciting nominations from SIGSIM members and those in the broader modeling and simulation (M&S) community for the 2018 ACM SIGSIM Distinguished Contributions Award, to be presented at the 2018 Winter Simulation Conference at the Swedish Exhibition & Congress Center, Gothenburg, Sweden on December 9-12, 2018.
The recipient of the Award receives a plaque and a honorarium of $1500.
Nominations should be based on the nominee’s overall contributions to the field of M&S, including technical innovations, publications, leadership, teaching, mentoring, and service to the community. Any member of the M&S community can submit a nomination by sending a nomination letter (email or surface mail) to the awards committee, identifying the nominee and describing his or her contributions. The CV of the nominee should also be included. Nominations should be received by September 1, 2018, and should highlight the nominee's contributions in several of the areas mentioned below. We expect that no single nominee will have significant contributions in every area.
- Service via elected offices in SIGSIM and/or other M&S societies.
- Editorial responsibilities for M&S publications, such as department editor, area editor, or editor-in-chief.
- Conference management responsibilities for M&S related conferences, including program chair, proceedings editor, general chair, or organizing committee.
- Technical contributions through scholarly publications appearing in archival journals, conference proceedings, books or monographs that have had an impact on producing new knowledge or improving the practice of M&S.
- Significant contributions in M&S education, including teaching of M&S subjects and/or the development of students who have made notable contributions in their own right.
- Contributions in the mentoring of colleagues or co-workers to advance the practice and recognition of M&S within an organization or the public domain.
In addition to the nomination letter, the submission must include at least two support letters substantiating the qualifications of the nominee.
An unsuccessful nomination shall be considered for the Award in the two years following the initial submission, and revisions of the nomination letter, support letters, and nominee's CV are permitted.
The ACM SIGSIM Distinguished Contributions Awards Committee: