Hardware-in-the-Loop Modeling and Simulation
- Hardware-in-the-loop M&S can be viewed as Simulation-based Hardware Evaluation.
- A hardware system can be operated under simulated input conditions for the purpose of evaluating how well the hardware functions under such input conditions.
- For example, a space vehicle can be operated under simulated input conditions for the purpose of evaluating the vehicle’s autopilot mode.
- Hardware-in-the-loop M&S is a cost-effective method for evaluating a complex, mission-critical hardware before it is used in the real world.
Intended Uses / Objectives
- Operational Test & Evaluation